September 10, 2021 – Quebec Public Health has confirmed that the number of positive COVID-19 cases in the community of Listuguj has jumped to 15 overnight. This number is expected to climb as more community members undergo COVID-19 testing both at the CLSC and the in-community Testing Site.
Unfortunately, this is the highest number of confirmed cases since the ‘outbreak’ during Christmas, 2020. Sadly, many of these new cases are our children, under the age of 12 who are not eligible to receive the vaccination.
Quebec Public Health continues with it’s ‘contact tracing’ efforts to determine the streams of this recent outbreak in our community. It is important for community members contacted by QC Public Health to follow their instructions.
The Listuguj Mi’gmaq Government Unified Command is moving the community of Listuguj up to COVID-19 Alert Level 2: Early Warning. This protective measure is required when COVID-19 transmission starts to increase. Basis measures will be strengthened, and further action taken to promote and encourage compliance.
What this means for everyone:
- All LMG Directors and Private Business owners are required to review their specific COVID-19 plans with their staff.
- LMG employees will meet with community members / public “by appointment only’”.
- Everyone entering an LMG Building must wear a mask while circulating around the building and in common areas.
- Community Gatherings are considered higher-risk activities, and are prohibited until further notice.
FOLLOW PUBLIC HEALTH GUIDELINES
- Physical distancing
- Face covering
- Hand washing
- Respiratory etiquette
- Alternative greeting practices
We don’t wear a mask to protect ourselves … we wear a mask to protect our family, our friends and our community.