With the rising number of COVID-19 cases in our region, the Listuguj Mi’gmaq Government is once again urging our residents to stay within the Twinning Bubble of Pointe-à-la-Croix and New Brunswick. Please refrain from all non-essential travel outside this bubble.
In an effort to spread awareness, the Listuguj Mi’gmaq Government will be implementing an informational checkpoint starting at 11:00 a.m. today at the intersection of Riverside West and 132 highway. Pointe-à-la-Croix will be implementing a similar checkpoint within their municipal limits.
We are encouraging all community members and LMG Staff to support these efforts by following these measures:
- Always wear a mask in public;
- Wash hands frequently;
- Practice good cough etiquette;
- Routinely clean all frequently touched surfaces at home and in the workplace;
- Stay home and limit non-essential travel;
- Limit your interactions with friends, family and community members as much as possible.
We thank you for your cooperation and commitment in taking these necessary steps to keep our community safe.