January 22, 2021 – The Listuguj Mi’gmaq Government would like to advise residents of recent changes to the New Brunswick Mandatory Order that will come into effect on Saturday, January 23rd, 2021 at midnight.
Residents of Listuguj First Nation [and Pointe-à-la-Croix, Quebec] must restrict travel to Restigouche County once per week for essential supplies (excluding urgent medical care, medical appointments, and animal care) between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. Atlantic time.
We ask that all residents plan your travel for essential goods and services accordingly to meet this recent change. Maximize each trip by getting as many of your essentials as possible during your one trip per week.
Additionally, frequent travellers for work purposes, custody arrangements and medical appointments will be subject to mandatory weekly testing. We will share more details of this process as they become available.
The definition of essential goods and services includes:
- Necessities of life (e.g. groceries, clothing, etc.) and supporting services (e.g. butchers for hunted game);
- Health care (e.g. prescriptions, medical equipment & supplies, etc.). Health care travelers may be accompanied by a support person;
- Goods and services required for work or employment;
- Banking and financial institutions;
- Transportation (e.g. automobile repair); and
- Funerals and visitations of deceased immediate family members.