There have been new developments in regards to accessing the JC Van Horne Bridge for non-residents of New Brunswick. Necessary travel now includes travel that is required to facilitate children sharing their time between parents. To minimize your exposure during necessary travel, we ask that you please take the quickest route to your destination and return home as quickly as possible.
Necessary travel also includes:
- Elders and community members with limited mobility to shop for groceries during the designated hours at Sobeys and Superstore in Campbellton/Atholville
- Community members purchasing essential items that cannot be found on the Quebec side of the JC Van Horne Bridge. We ask that you only purchase the essential items listed below that cannot be found in Quebec.
- Medical appointments
- Medical equipment and prescription pick up (Please note that the LCHS is now offering a delivery service for prescriptions. Click here for more details.)
- Outpatient hospital services & emergencies.
List of Essential Items:
- Diapers and pull-ups
- Baby wipes
- Certain dog foods that are vet recommended
- Distilled water for CPAP machines
- Baby products and baby formula
- Items for new parents
- Organic Products
- Hygiene product for people with allergies
- Salt for water softener systems