Changes to NB Essential Travel
The Listuguj Mi’gmaq Government would like to advise residents of recent changes to the New Brunswick Mandatory Order that will come into effect on Friday, October 30th, 2020 at midnight. These changes include new conditions for travel as well as clarification on the definition of essential services.
Residents of Listuguj First Nation [and Pointe-à-la-Croix, Quebec] must restrict travel to Restigouche County, and travel between hours of 6:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. Atlantic Time. Travel to Restigouche County is restricted to a maximum of twice per week (excluding urgent medical care).
Please note that these changes will not affect residents travelling for work purposes or for dialysis appointments. We urge all Listuguj residents travelling to Restigouche County for essential goods and services to plan each of their trips accordingly. Maximize each trip by getting as many of your essentials as possible.
The definition of essential goods and services now includes:
- Necessities of life (e.g. groceries, clothing, etc.) and supporting services (e.g. butchers for hunted game);
- Health care (e.g. prescriptions, medical equipment & supplies, etc.). Health care travelers may be accompanied by a support person;
- Goods and services required for work or employment;
- Banking and financial institutions;
- Transportation (e.g. automobile repair);
- Animal care; and
- Funerals and visitations of deceased immediate family members.
If you have any questions or require assistance with your travel registration, please contact Christy Metallic, Administrative Support Clerk, at 418-788-2136 or firstname.lastname@example.org.