The Listuguj Mi’gmaq Government is concerned with the uptick in travel related cases in the territory. In an effort to protect community against potential exposure to the new variants, our government is announcing the following measures which take effect April 14, 2021:
- Travel outside the region is prohibited and limited to essential travel only. This includes travel to obtain medical care and services, to appear in court, or for child custody arrangements.
- Listuguj residents traveling home from an ‘orange’ or ‘red’ zone for non-essential reasons must quarantine for 14 days upon return. Please make arrangements to have your groceries and essentials in place before you come home.
Additionally, Listuguj residents travelling home from an ‘orange’ or ‘red’ zone for essential purposes are strongly encouraged to self-isolate for 14 days upon return. We encourage all Listuguj residents and staff to take precautionary measures in keeping our community, most vulnerable and Elders safe.
With the presence of the new variants in the territory, we are asking community members to remain vigilant while accessing essential goods and services in the region. If you exhibit COVID like symptoms, please consult the Government of Quebec’s online self-assessment tool: https://covid19.quebec.ca/surveys/cdd2/introduction.
The Listuguj COVID Hotline is still available Monday to Friday from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. at 581-884-2771 should you have any further questions. Ways you can use the hotline:
- To access accurate up-to-date information related to Listuguj’s COVID Response.
- To access information related to support and services available to Listuguj Residents (e.g. mental health services, health contacts, etc.).
- To provide information about potential breaches of our measures.