Title: Jordan’s Principle Intervention Support Worker (Escuminac)
Start Date: November 2021- June 2022
Term: Fix-Term (7-month contract)
Accountable to: Escuminac Intermediate School Prinicpal
Summary of Function:
Under the supervision of the Escuminac Intermediate School Principal, the Intervention Support Worker is responsible for assisting classroom teachers with identified student(s). They may be required to assist the Teacher in the preparation of classroom materials, or the Guidance Counsellor in the implementation of behavior modification programs.
- Provide tutoring instruction for student(s) on individual education programs (IEP).
- Accompany and supervise student(s) during Physical Education, French Language instruction, library, lunch, recess and on field trips.
- Assist student(s) with lessons that have previously been taught by the teacher.
- Assist the classroom teacher in the preparation of materials for programs and lessons for the student(s).
- Attend staff or special education meetings to discuss progress and challenges of student(s), as required.
- Assist the guidance office in the implementation of behavior modification plans.
- Supervise student(s) during recess and/or dinner as required.
- May be required to assist in an IEP meeting regarding the student(s).
- Maintain professionalism and ensure confidentiality in all matters concerning student(s).
- Education and/or Experience: Early Childhood, Human Services, Social Work Diploma/Degree or equivalent OR approximately 2 years of experience working/volunteering with individuals with disabilities; other combinations of education and experience may be considered
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Review and completion of all applicable policies
- Must submit a Vulnerable Records Check
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Mi’gmaq, English or French would be an asset.
Submit Confidential Applications, Resumes and References to:
LMG Human Resources
17 Riverside West,
Listuguj (Quebec) G0C 2R0 LMGHR@listuguj.ca
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION IS CLOSE OF BUSINESS
TUESDAY NOVEMBER 23, 2021