Justice Transformation Initiative
Title: Youth Connections Program Coordinator
Start Date: June 2021
Term: Two-year contract (with the possibility of an extension)
Accountable to: Justice Transformation Initiative
Summary of Function: The Youth “Connections” Program Coordinator organizes and supervises youth development programs and manages the Youth “Connections” Program Staff. The Youth “Connections” Program Coordinator reports directly to the Justice Transformation Initiative Director.
- Implement the “Connections” Youth Leadership Program and make decisions regarding the program in collaboration with the with the Justice Transformation Initiative Director.
- Promote and uphold our Mi’gmaq values
- Foster the positive development of Mi’gmaq Youth through team-building and leadership skill teachings
- Evaluate and supervise the program and staff;
- Review and plan budgets according to the annual plan.
- Hold periodic staff meetings to review procedures, policies, department changes, etc.
- Attend Listuguj Community Social Services Directorate staff meetings
- Handle all issues and injuries in that may arise within the Connections Youth Leadership program; complete and submit proper documentation
- Train new staff on policies and procedures
- Ensure staff is following and maintaining proper procedures
- Organize “Connections” workshops and outings in collaboration with the Youth Leadership assistant
- Solicit Workshop Facilitators and facilitate workshops when necessary; attend all workshops and outings
- For a complete Job Description please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A degree or diploma in fields related to Youth Leadership, Recreation, Community Social Services, or Guidance Counselling
- A minimum of two-years’ experience in managing programs and staff;
- Strong communication skills
- Understand, promote and practice our Mi’gmaq values
- Must provide a criminal background/vulnerable sector check.
Submit Confidential Applications, Resumes and References to:
LMG Human Resources
17 Riverside West,
Listuguj (Quebec) G0C 2R0 LMGHR@listuguj.ca
To apply for this job email your details to LMGHR@listuguj.ca