Log Loader Operator
Listuguj Mi'gmaq Government
Title: Log Loader Operator
Start Date: June 2023
Term: Fixed-term (16-weeks)
Accountable to: General Manager of AVCELL Operations
Summary of Function:
Reporting to Lead Hand, the Log Loader Operator is responsible for operating heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner. The LLO is a vital part of the LMG Chipper operation team. The LLO is responsible for maintaining a steady flow of wood going to the debarker/chipper throughout the shift. The LLO is responsible for loading and unloading logs in a safe and efficient manner. The LLO be able to operate a heavy log loader and shall possess a practical knowledge of operating other heavy equipment which may include trucks, front-end loaders, dozers, and other pieces of equipment. The Heavy Equipment Operator must also clean, maintain and secure all equipment as directed by legislation, policies, and procedures.
- Operate hydraulic pumps, safety valves, and any other necessary mechanical components.
- Ensures that the loader is in safe operating condition prior to the shift beginning (pre and post inspections to be performed).
- Responsible to load logs on their trailer then unload the logs into the de-barker for chipping. Logs are taken from either the wood yard piles or from log trucks (as required).
- Assists in changing the Chipper knives.
- Assists in removing and repairing chipper discs.
- Adhere to workplace safety policies, regulations, and compliances.
- Communicate any unsafe conditions or accidents/injuries to the supervisor in a timely manner, to facilitate prompt correction or reporting.
- Assist in the diagnosis and identification of defects in heavy-duty equipment.
- Clean, lubricate and perform other minor maintenance work.
- Complete all necessary paperwork. May include, but not limited to, vehicle inspection, hours of service, daily logs, inspection logs, delivery receipts.
- May be required to assist in the maintenance of machinery or equipment on short notice.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must adhere to the policies, procedures, and regulations of the Listuguj Mi’gmaq Government, LMG Chipping, AV CELL and all other partners were deemed necessary.
- For a complete job description please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Certification, diploma, or degree in related field preferred i.e., Log Loader Operator.
- Possess a valid drivers license.
- Heavy Equipment Operator Certificate or 5 years’ experience.
- Knowledge of operation of front-end loaders, dozers, graders, compactors, and other pieces of heavy equipment.
- Knowledge of truck and equipment safety.
- Must be able to work with little supervision; must be self-directed.
- Strong attention to detail.
Submit Confidential Applications, Resumes and References to:
LMG Human Resources
17 Riverside West,
Listuguj (Quebec) G0C 2R0
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION IS CLOSE OF BUSINESS
Thursday June 8th,2023
To apply for this job email your details to LMGHR@listuguj.ca