Executive Director – Mi’gmawei Mawio’mi Secretariat (MMS)
Mi’gmawei Mawio’mi Secretariat (MMS)
The Mi’gmawei Mawio’mi Secretariat (MMS)
Job status: Permanent
Annual salary: up to 109 800$
Competitive benefits: pension plan, annual vacations, group insurance, short & long-term disability, hybrid work, etc.
Start date: summer 2023
In appointing a new Executive Director, the Mi’gmawei Mawio’mi and its governing board are seeking an exceptional, self-motivated and visionary individual who is well known for their engaging, innovative, strategic and collaborative leadership style to lead the transformation of its secretariat.
In a transformational reality, this important role is responsible for ensuring the delivery of quality services.
The Executive Director will be able to rely on a strong team in achieving its goals and management of its departments.
How to make the difference
- By being a leader who models the values of honor, trust, honesty and humility. As champion and spokesperson, the future ED will focus on the key objectives of the organization as a nation that promotes and protects the rights, freedoms and well-being of the L’nu.
- By establishing a significant level of trust with stakeholders through a strong sensitivity to culture and traditions, as well as an understanding of governance principles.
- Working closely with the Governing Board to transform the secretariat and shape its future by implementing innovative and creative ways to maintain the momentum of its team and ensure its sustainability.
- In promoting an approachable and inclusive leadership style that can inspire a team to reach new heights of creative thinking, dedication, and continuous improvement.
- In fostering a positive, collaborative and trusting organizational culture to facilitate the implementation of the MMS mandate.
- By being a trusted advisor, a good listener, and a transparent communicator.
- In ensuring quality service while allocating resources efficiently and deploying forward-thinking management.
The ideal candidate
As an experienced leader, the new ED has successful adaptive management experience and the progressive management skills to lead and take responsibility for this type of organization. They have, over time, developed significant strategic management capability and have led change initiatives.
They invite people to dialogue and discussion and are open to different points of view in finding solutions and decisions. With a passion for driving projects forward from idea to fruition, they are stewards of change, known for implementing well-thought-out action plans and spearheading the achievement of strategic objectives.
The Executive Director possesses excellent interpersonal skills and the necessary credibility and drive to lead the MMS; by fostering a positive and collaborative work environment and engaging with political stakeholders.
They must possess superior written and oral communication skills in French and English, a graduate degree in a related discipline, or the equivalent in education and experience.
As accomplished leaders and managers, candidates who have a marked sense of culture, traditions and a thorough understanding of governance principles will ensure success and a meaningful relationship of trust with the Governing board.
Advancing A Prosperous Future!
Established in 2000 under the alliance of the Political Accord between Gesgapegiag, Gespeg and Listuguj, MMS support the Mi’gmawei Mawio’mi in its efforts to protect and promote the rights and interests of the Mi’gmaq people of Gespe’gewa’gi, particularly in the areas of land, resources, and self-government,
Some of the specific tasks which MMS is responsible for include facilitating discussions between the Mi’gmaq and the governments of Canada and Quebec while advancing the inequalities of the Mi’gmaq, developing policies and strategies to promote economic and social development while supporting efforts to revitalize Mi’gmaq rights.
Overall, the Secretariat plays an important role in supporting the Mi’gmaq communities of the Gespe’gewa’gi in their efforts to exercise their rights as Indigenous peoples and to advance a stronger and more prosperous future for the next generations.
To learn more about this exceptional leadership opportunity, contact Rino Maltais in confidence at 506-759-5344.
Or submit your resume and interest at the following email.: firstname.lastname@example.org or via http://r-2.ca/content/job-seekers
Applications must be submitted in English or French, including a resume and a cover letter.
Our client offers equal employment opportunities for all.
We thank all the candidates; however, only profiles that best fit the requirements of this position will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com