Listuguj Mi'gmaq Government
Title: Executive Assistant
Start Date: August 2022
Term: Full time
Accountable to: Chief Executive Officer
Summary of Function:
The Executive Assistant is responsible for a wide variety of Executive Office (EO) management and administrative duties in support of the Chief Executive Officer, other Executive Office staff, and other senior management members, as directed by the CEO. The Executive Assistant is required to maintain strict confidentiality and interact professionally with employees, management and the public. As the Executive Assistant you will be working closely with the Chief Executive Officer, who is to remain apolitical; it is understood that you shall also remain apolitical in the position of Executive Assistant in regard to Listuguj First Nation politics.
- Provide direct administrative and office management support to all members of the executive team, as directed.
- Maintain work, meetings, and appointments schedules and calendars of the Chief Executive Officer.
- Keep CEO informed of obligations to internal and external contacts
- Prepare travel schedules, book travel arrangements, and make reservations for senior management and executive staff.
- Coordinate office activities; troubleshoot or escalate basic office administration issues and complex management issues
- Coordinate logistics of executive team programs including meetings, seminars, workshops, special projects, and events.
- Take and transcribe dictation and notes of highly confidential subjects, including minutes of meetings
- Review all documents, reports, and correspondence prepared for executive signatures for format, content, grammar, spelling and make edits as necessary.
- Complete expense reports, pay invoices, and other monetary duties
- Serve as recording secretary for meetings and carry out follow-ups to meetings
- Other duties shall be assigned as necessary
- For a complete job description please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post-Secondary Diploma in Business Administration, or relevant discipline, required.
- Secondary School Diploma required.
- 5-7 years’ experience in an administrative role preferred.
- Strong knowledge of office procedures and practices.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Proven organizational and time management skills.
- Hiring priority will be given to First Nation Applicants
Submit Confidential Applications, Resumes and References to:
LMG Human Resources
17 Riverside West,
Listuguj (Quebec) G0C 2R0
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION IS CLOSE OF BUSINESS
Thursday August 18, 2022
To apply for this job email your details to LMGHR@listuguj.ca