Listuguj Mi'gmaq Government
Title: Bus Driver-Mini Van
Start Date: February 2023
Accountable to: Listuguj Education Training & Employment Directorate
Summary of Function:
The School bus driver, under the direction of the (Service Manager), will primarily be responsible for transporting students of various ages to and from their homes and their respective schools in an effective and safe manner. To provide flexible, consistent transportation for students with exceptionalities in school and allow or more inclusive participation in land-based learning, and field trips.This individual will be responsible for following established routes and ensuring the established schedule is followed so passengers arrive at their destination on-time. The School Bus Driver Job Description will maintain the health and safety of the students while transporting, loading and unloading the students, and ensure that all policies and procedures are followed while operating the vehicle.
- Safely deliver students to and from their homes and schools, following the assigned time schedule.
- Transport students on special excursions.
- Assist students with boarding and exiting and while crossing the street while bus is stopped.
- Adhere to and enforce bus safety rules and standards.
- Comply with traffic regulations to operate vehicles in a safe and courteous manner.
- Resolve any conflicts in a positive, respectful and proactive manner.
- Complete vehicle inspections prior to departing for any trip.
- Complete vehicle cleanliness inspections post trip, removing any garbage. Place found items in lost and found bin or remove to designated location.
- Adhere to Listuguj Mi’gmaq policies and procedures and all government regulations at all times.
- Read and interpret maps, where and when required.
- Report any bus malfunctions or needed repairs.
- Complete all necessary paperwork as required, such as, trip and mileage logs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possess a Valid Driver’s License, including a Bus safety certification card Class 5 Berlin competency card
- Ability to complete a Criminal Record Check (CPIC – Vulnerable Sector).
- Clean driver’s abstract.
- Excellent driving skills and habits.
- Ability to remain attentive when faced with distractions.
- Ability to read and interpret maps.
- First Aid certificate is considered an asset.
- Enjoys working with children.
Submit Confidential Applications, Resumes and References to:
LMG Human Resources
17 Riverside West,
Listuguj (Quebec) G0C 2R0
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION IS CLOSE OF BUSINESS
Tuesday February 7th,2023
To apply for this job email your details to LMGHR@listuguj.ca