The Government of New Brunswick has announced the indefinite closing of the Twinning Bubble effective 11:59 p.m. this evening. As a result of this decision, we are announcing important changes for high school students attending school in Campbellton.
The Listuguj Enhancement Team, with the support of the Unified Command, the Listuguj, Education, Training and Employment Directorate, and Chief and Council, will be implementing a new program, which was created in the event that extraordinary measures would need to be taken. Today we are announcing the roll out of the Listuguj In-Community Learning Hubs at the Listuguj Mi’gmaq Development Centre (LMDC).
The Listuguj In-Community Learning Hubs will be an online in-community access point for Listuguj students from Grades 9 to 12 to access their classes and in-house support in Listuguj. Thanks to the proactive measures taken by the Enhancement Team, Listuguj is prepared and ready to continue the on-going delivery of exceptional services and support to our students.
- Friday, Oct. 8 – no classes at SSHS for Listuguj students;
- Tuesday and Wednesday, Oct. 13 & 14 – at-home synchronized learning will resume from high school students;
- Thursday, Oct. 15 – High school students from SSHS and PRP will attend Listuguj In-Community Learning Hubs at the Listuguj Mi’gmaq Development Centre (LMDC);
- Bus transportation is still available for students; and
- Lunches for students will be available at the In-Community Learning Hubs
***Listuguj K-8 students attending schools in Campbellton are NOT affected by today’s announcement***
These are extraordinary measures that we are forced to implement upon short notice. We want to thank our community members, students, and parents, for your on-going patience as we finalize the logistics of this roll out. More information will be provided as soon as possible. We understand that there may be some connectivity issues. In the meantime, we will do our best to accommodate your unique needs.
Please contact Bobbi Madahabee, Enhancement Manager at 418-788-2248 for further questions.