https://listuguj.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/20046535_10158938412575328_3188858954418365716_n.png 500 500 Mike Isaac /wp-content/uploads/2017/02/logo-lrg.png Mike Isaac2020-05-28 12:10:552020-09-17 15:09:44COVID-19 Prevention
The Unified Command is once again reminding residents of the importance of wearing a face mask where physical distancing (2m/6ft) is not possible, such as grocery stores, convenience stores, or when in public spaces.
- To ensure maximum protection of yourself and others, please take a moment to learn how to properly use a non-medical mask. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to put on a non-medical mask or face covering.
- Click here to learn how to make your own cloth face covering, which includes a few options.
Those who are infected with COVID-19 may have little to no symptoms. You may not know you have symptoms of COVID-19 because they are similar to a cold or flu.
Symptoms may take up to 14 days to appear after exposure to COVID-19.
Symptoms have included:
- Fever above 38 degrees Celsius
- A new cough, or worsening chronic cough
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
- A new onset of fatigue
- A new onset of muscle pain
- Loss of sense of taste
- Loss of sense of smell
- In children, purple markings on the fingers and toes
- Difficulty breathing
If you have symptoms of COVID-19:
- stay home to avoid spreading it to others
- call 1.877.644.4545 for instructions
- if you need immediate medical attention, call 911 and tell them your symptoms
The best way to prevent the spread of infections is to:
- wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth, especially with unwashed hands
- avoid close contact with people who are sick
- when coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with your arm or tissues to reduce the spread of germs
- immediately dispose of any used tissues into the garbage as soon as possible and wash your hands afterwards.
- clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces, such as toys, electronic devices, and doorknobs.
- clean and disinfect items from outside the home, such as groceries.
- stay home if you are sick to avoid spreading illness to others