With the continued rise in COVID-19 cases being reported throughout the region, the Listuguj Mi’gmaq Government would like to remind you of the following:
- Please refrain from non-essential travel wherever possible.
- Continue to practice :
- Physical distancing
- The use of face coverings in public
- Respiratory etiquette
- Hand washing
- Alternative greeting practices
- Prepare for a second wave by maintaining an inventory of food, water and necessary medications at home.
Chief and Council are communicating regularly with the New Brunswick, Quebec and municipal governments to ensure that the safety of Listuguj remains a priority.
As of September 10th, the provincial government released the Quebec Public Health Regional Alert System with the four ‘colored’ phases. The Quebec system is based on:
- Epidemiological situation
- Transmission control
- Healthcare system capacity
It is the combination of these three ‘factors’ that move/adjust the Alert Level in any particular Quebec region.
The LMG, through the Listuguj Unified Command and our Health Directorate, is working closely with, and will continue to follow the recommendations of Quebec Public Health, as we move forward with our community’s precautionary/response measures. As of today, our region is at the Green Level (1): Vigilance.