Elvis Jerome is from Listuguj, Quebec and is a classical and rock guitarist with 15 years of playing experience. He plays classical guitar, electric guitar, bass guitar, piano, violin, viola, ukulele, and mandolin. In 2004, Elvis was awarded the winner of Listuguj Idol! A couple of years later, he made his electric guitar debut performance at the Alaqsite’w Gitpu School.
He is professionally trained in classical guitar, electric guitar, classical piano, percussion, music ptheory, music history, sight reading, singing, ear training, and music pedagogy.
His research focuses on the music of Randy Rhoads from Ozzy Osbourne. He studies his use of modes in soloing, modes in harmonic progressions, classical guitar borrowed inspirations, and classical music inspiration from Antonio Vivaldi, and Johann Pachelbel. He is open to collaborating in music research projects, supervise and/or collaborate in research projects in the music of Randy Rhoads.
Elvis is available to teach classical guitar, electric guitar, bass guitar, piano, violin, viola, ukulele, mandolin, percussion, music theory, music history, sight reading, singing, ear training, and music pedagogy from beginner to advanced and professional levels.
- Guitar Student at Bert’s Music School in Campbellton, New Brunswick from September 2007 to March 2011
- Earned the Certificate of Recognition for Perseverance and Accomplishment in June 2008, June 2009, and July 2010 from the Bert’s Music School.
- Berklee College of Music – Master Certificate in Guitar from September 2010 to December 2015, achieved a GPA of 3.75/4.0
- Institute for Music Leadership from Eastman School of Music / University of Rochester – E theory course from September 2015 to April 2016
- Mount Allison University – Music Student from September 2016 to April 2018
- Bass Singer at Mount Allison University Choral Society from September 2016 to April 2018.
- Took a classical guitar masterclass at Universite de Moncton on December 3, 2016 and performed with a classical guitar ensemble and performed a short concert.
- Volunteer Music Theory Tutor for the Journal of Music Theory Pedagogy an Online Peer Tutoring Program through Skype from January to May 2018
- April 2021 – Randy Rhoads Scales, Classical Guitar Composition Written in 1982, and Carcassi – Etude 7
- October 2022 – Elvis Jerome Music Notebook 2022