Listuguj Economic Development Unit
Title: Youth Entrepreneurship Leader
Start Date: Summer 2019
Accountable to: Economic Development
Summary of Function:
The Youth Entrepreneurship Leader will work with the Listuguj Economic Development Unit on youth programming focused on technology, entrepreneurship and career choices.
The Youth Entrepreneurship Leader will be responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of the program, and will be the lead in delivering the programs to youth during the months of July and August. The Youth Entrepreneurship Leader will be responsible for ensuring the safety, welfare and fun for all youth participants and volunteers, and will be required to complete other duties as assigned.
The Youth Entrepreneurship Leader will have a passion for working with children, and have experience/background in technology with the ability to create programming that can be taught and delivered to youth ages 12-17. Must have good communication and organizational skills, the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Lead planning sessions for two 3-week youth entrepreneurship camps.
- Development of youth entrepreneurship programming.
- Delegate tasks to Assistant.
- Ensure clear communication with youth and their parents.
- Teaching youth (aged 12-17) about a variety of technologies to support business development.
- Coordinate schedules and logistics for speakers, tours and activities.
- Deliver the curriculum for each camp and be the lead supervisor of youth during summer weeks.
- Complete a comprehensive final report.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; the ability to work with all stakeholders including youth, parents, other staff, community members, and corporate partners.
- Understanding of technology and have the ability to create hands on programs for the youth.
- Experience working with youth.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Professionalism, diplomacy, sound judgement.
- Certified in First Aid with CPR
- Must provide a criminal reference check
Submit Confidential Applications, Resumes and References to:
LMG Human Resources
17 Riverside West,
Listuguj (Quebec) G0C 2R0 LMGHR@listuguj.ca
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION IS CLOSE OF BUSINESS
THURSDAY, MARCH 28, 2019
To apply for this job email your details to LMGHR@listuguj.ca