Micmac Nation of Gespeg
Request for Proposals
In May 2008, the Micmac Nation Council of Gespeg developed a strategic economic plan in collaboration with the Department of Indian Affairs and Northern Development (DIAND). Since then, the strategies implemented have enabled the Nation to invest in setting up various businesses, generating revenue and while honouring its obligations and meeting the needs of the community. During the past (2) years, studies have been conducted as part of developing a tourism offer. The goal being to capitalize on the assets and the knowledge of the Nation in regards to tourism significantly increase the tourism opportunities. So, with this in mind, the interpretation center will be relocated to a new site in the heart of Gaspé. With its hotels, chalets, etc., tourists will be able to enjoy a large Micmac tourist complex with all of its amenities. This new site will become a major tourist attraction for the region and will offer tourists and visitors a most memorable and enlightening Micmac and First Nations experience.
- THE PROJECT
Develop a Micmac tourism complex in Gaspé. This tourist attraction will be located on vacant land bordering the Gaspé Bay, across from “Le Berceau du Canada” and less than 700 meters from the cruise ship terminal.
Based on the Micmac experience, tourists and visitors will be immersed in the culture, traditions, and modernism of the Micmac Nation of Gespeg and will be introduced to all other First Nations. Inspired by the 13 moons’ wheel, each visitor and tourist will have the opportunity to identify the course that will allow him/her to live the ultimate experience.
- PROJECT OUTLINE
With an approximate budget of $ 15,000,000 to $ 20,000,000, this Project Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Project development
- Implementation of the Micmac Interpretation Center and Experiment Center
- Addition of an accommodation complex with a suburban approach (2020 to 2025)
- i.20 rooms, dining room and meeting room
- ii.10 studios
- iii.10 mini-chalets
- iv.20 pitches for recreational vehicles
- Development of trails and additional facilities on the high plateau (2020 to 2025)
- CALL FOR TENDERS
The purpose of this call for tenders is to retain the services of a person / consultant or firm who will be responsible for the coordination, financing, implementation and exploitation of the Complex.
- NATURE OF THE MANDATE
Support and offer project management expertise to the nation’s council in carrying out the project. The person or firm selected for this mandate will:
- Ensure that the concept is feasible and profitable
- Develop and implement an effective and efficient communication plan throughout the project
- Responsible for the legal and operational structure of the project
- Identify and secure private funding sources (financial partners compatible with the values and objectives of the Nation)
- Identify and secure sources of public funding (all potential sources)
- Approach and present the project to officials and politicians
- Contribute to the acquisition of land and necessary permits
- Responsible for plans and estimates
- Ensure supervision during the implementation and construction of the complex
- Set up the operating structure of the complex (control tools, measurables and information)
- CONTENT OF THE PROPOSAL
The proposal should include the following:
- The suggested approach, the relationship with the council or its project leader
- The experience and expertise of the individual or the firm
- The project schedule and the availability of the project manager
- Detailed description of interventions and expected results
- The remuneration process for each stage of the project:
- Legal data and guarantees
- Resume of all stakeholders in the project
- Three (3) references
- DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF PROPOSAL AND CONDITIONS
- All proposal must be submitted to Micheline Roy and sent by email to email@example.com by 4:00 pm (Eastern Time) on September 20, 2019.
- EVALUATION OF PROPOSALS
- All proposals will be evaluated by a selection committee.
- The selection committee evaluates all proposals based on the criteria set out in Article 5.0.
- The committee evaluates all proposal without knowing the cost submitted by the bidder.
- The committee determines the extent to which each proposal meets the requirements of Request for proposals document and evaluates them based solely on the information contained therein.
- If it were necessary for the Committee to obtain clarification of any of the information provided in any proposal, this clarification would become an integral part of the already submitted proposal. However, the clarifications provided should not improve the qualitative aspect of the offer or add new elements that would not have been addressed in the already submitted proposal.
- Each proposal is evaluated individually and, for each criterion, a number of points is allocated according to the evaluation grid below.
- In the end, the selection committee reviews each proposal and reaches a consensus on the scoring allocated for each criterion of the evaluation grid. For each proposal, once all the criteria have been evaluated, the committee will add up the points to obtain each bidder’s final score, for a total of one hundred (100) points.
Criteria for Evaluation of Proposal
- Bidder’s Experience 20 points
- Competence and availability of the project manager 30 points
- Organization of the project team 30 points
- Work Schedule and Presentation of Deliverables 10 points
- Quality of Proposal 5 points
- References 5 points
- Only individuals and firms with head offices in Canada are eligible
- Knowledge of the First Nations context and tourism industry is essential
- A consortium / group is acceptable, however a project manager must be clearly identified and will be the signatory of the agreement and held responsible for the progress of the project its entirety.
- The Council of the Nation reserves the right to accept no bid and to re-launch the call for proposals, if deemed necessary
With equal skills, this offer prioritizes members of the Micmac Nation of Gespeg.
Only shortlisted candidates/firms will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org