Listuguj Public Security
Title: Police Officer
Location: Public Security
Under the direction of the Police Chief or of the Senior Constable if supervisory responsibility has been delegated from the former to the latter, enforces laws, regulations and First Nation Government By-laws; maintains order and public security; conducts interventions in respect of a broad range of safety issues including matters such as incidents of domestic violence, sexual abuse, traffic violations, vehicular accidents, vandalism, thefts, etc. Actively participates in the reduction or elimination of crime that is occurring within the territorial limits of the Listuguj Police Department; performs other related duties.
- Protect and serve the community at all times.
- Work with the community to develop and deliver crime prevention and community wellness programs to improve public safety.
- Take a leadership role within the community.
- Deliver critical incidence and crisis intervention services.
- Undertake assignments as required such as traffic point duty.
- Patrol assigned areas, being vigilant at all times of potentially high crime areas.
- Respond to emergency calls and administer First Aid or CPR where required.
- Assist with accidents under the direction of parent Service officers.
- Assist with the containment and preservation of crime scenes.
- Participate in the apprehension of suspects using the least physical means necessary.
- Perform duties while maintaining the cultural integrity of the community.
- Prepare, maintain and review a number of detailed reports daily.
- Participate and facilitate culturally specific penances.
- Attend and participate in court hearings where needed.
- Work with a team of officers maintaining constant communication.
- Execute court orders and documents as a Peace Officer pursuant to the Criminal Code of Canada.
- Maintain awareness of and sensitivity to community issues.
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
- Identify illegal activity and/or fraud and take the appropriate action required by law.
- Participate in monthly meetings.
- Adhere to all policies and follow established procedures.
- Other duties as required.
- Certification: Certified Police Science Diploma
- Criminal Reference Check: to be conducted by a third party of the Employers discretion
- Valid Driver’s Abstract and copy of a class 4 and 5 driver’s license
- Drug and Alcohol Screening: to be conducted by LMG Human Resources Unit.
- Fit for Duty Medical Examination: to be completed by your personal physician
- Oath of Police Officer
- Good knowledge of the Community and Mi’gmaq culture.
Submit Confidential Applications, Resumes and References to:
LMG Human Resources
17 Riverside West,
Listuguj (Quebec) G0C 2R0
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION IS CLOSE OF BUSINESS
Friday, December 13, 2019
To apply for this job email your details to LMGHR@listuguj.ca