Listuguj Mi'gmaq Government
Title: Mi’gmaw Language Revitalization Project Coordinator
Start Date: May 2019
Accountable to: Director of Admin
Summary of Function:
The Mi’gmaw Language Revitalization Project Coordinator is responsible to manage and coordinate the development of a Listuguj Mi’gmaw Language Revitalization Strategy for the Listuguj Mi’gmaq Government (LMG), through community engagement. The Project Coordinator is responsible for the development of the strategy’s implementation and evaluation plans.
The strategy could lead to the development of a Language & Culture Directorate/Unit, whose mandate will be Language revitalization, servicing all LMG Directorates/Sectors and the Community.
- Manage and develop Mi’gmaw Language strategic plans, in consultation with all LMG Directorates/Sectors and through engagement session with the community.
- Determine the state of the Mi’gmaw Language in Listuguj and impacts.
- Draft the Term of Reference for a Listuguj Mi’gmaq Language Council.
- Consult with major partners in Language Revitalization throughout Mi’gma’gi.
- Retain the services of a community engagement specialist, conduct community wide sessions for the development of the Listuguj Mi’gmaq Revitalization Strategy.
- Draft a 20-year Strategic Plan for the revitalization of Mi’gmaq Language in Listuguj.
For a Full Job Description, please contact LMG HR Unit
- Experienced understanding of project management and strategic planning theories, processes and practices
- Strong understanding of current and contemporary language revitalization efforts, language loss, and language shifts
- Is fluent in Mi’gmaq
- Respect for ideas and language advise from Elders and language leaders
- Knowledge and experience in community-based language revitalization and second language acquisition
Submit Confidential Applications, Resumes and References to:
LMG Human Resources
17 Riverside West,
Listuguj (Quebec) G0C 2R0
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION IS CLOSE OF BUSINESS
MONDAY, APRIL 29, 2019
To apply for this job email your details to LMGHR@listuguj.ca