Listuguj Education Directorate
Title: Teacher (Information/Library Studies) – Alaqsite’w Gitpu School
Starting Salary: According to LETE Salary Scale
Start Date: April 6, 2020
Accountable to: Listuguj Education Directorate
Summary of Function:
The Alaqsite’w Gitpu School seeks an experienced, dynamic Information/Library Studies Teacher. The ideal candidate will support our school’s mission, goals, and vision; value community; bring a spirit of enthusiasm and energy. We are looking for applicants who are independent, creative, and who can design and develop Indigenous library programs that inspire curiosity, critical thinking, inquiry and a life-long love of reading.
- Implement a comprehensive information literacy curriculum
- Design and teach integrated research skills classes and provide reading support
- Collaborate with teachers on project-based research skills and develop curriculum using 21st century skills that incorporate the use of information literacy and technology
- Work with school administration to align existing resources and practices with curriculum
- Promote Mi’gmaq, and Indigenous literature through regularly scheduled book clubs, book talks, displays, etc.
- Ensure the library collection represents a diverse and multicultural range of authors and topics with a focus on Mi’gmaq and Literacy
- Empower students to be critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers and knowledgeable of their community’s history
- Participate in Library Committee meetings
- Develop and maintain School library materials
- Oversee the maintenance of the school library’s collection (print and online), including circulation, collection development, inventory, and evaluation
- Play an active role in special events such as book fairs, Literacy Nights and author visits
- Assist with supervisory tasks
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or Teacher’s License and minimum 3 years experience.
- Willing to Complete Library Training Program given onsite, during the workday for 3-5 months.
- Proven knowledge of Mi’gmaq and Indigenous Authors
- Strong knowledge of content area, teaching methods, learning styles and educational research related to learners and readers
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to proactively collaborate with students, staff, and parents
- Strong Digital Literacy
- An understanding of the scope and the sequence of library and information literacy curriculum along with experience in evaluating and selecting print and digital resources would be an asset.
Submit Confidential Applications, Resumes and References to:
LMG Human Resources
17 Riverside West,
Listuguj (Quebec) G0C 2R0
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION IS CLOSE OF BUSINESS
January 24, 2020
To apply for this job email your details to LMGHR@listuguj.ca