Employment & Training Service Centre
Job Title: Employment & Training Service Centre Coordinator
Immediate Supervisor: Director of Urban Strategy
The mission of the First Nations Human Resources Development Commission of Quebec (FNHRDCQ) is to provide employment assistance to all First Nations citizens in Quebec, as well as to all urban Aboriginal people, in order to contribute to their personal and professional development. On behalf of 30 First Nations, the FNHRDCQ is responsible for administering the Indigenous Skills and Employment Training (ISET) Program and the Urban ISET Program, which supports First Nations, Métis and Inuit people living in urban areas across Quebec. Through its 34 Employment and Training Service Centres (ETSCs), located in 30 First Nations communities and 4 urban centres (Montreal, Quebec City, Val-d’Or and SeptÎles), the FNHRDCQ helps clients enter the labour market by offering various employment and training measures.
Under the supervision of the Director of the Urban Strategy of the FNHRDCQ, the Employment and Training Service Centre (ETSC) Coordinator is responsible for supporting the development and implementation of the labour market integration strategy for the urban Aboriginal clients of a given area (Montreal, Quebec City, Vald’Or or Sept-Îles). The incumbent is responsible for the proper management of the programs and services provided by the FNHRDCQ in accordance with the Urban Strategy Guide. He also oversees the general administration of his service centre and ensures the sound management of the allocated human, financial and material resources in collaboration with the regional office. As a team manager, he sees to the hiring, motivation and development of his staff, while ensuring their full adherence to the policies, procedures and other regulations. The Coordinator may be required to serve on working committees at the request of the Urban Strategy Director in order to promote the organization among clients, employers, labour market-related organizations and various levels of government. The incumbent may also be asked to perform other related tasks to be carried out in accordance with the objectives of First Nations, Inuit and urban Aboriginal human resources development initiatives.
Tasks and responsibilities
1. MANAGE PROGRAMS AND SERVICES OF THE FNHRDCQ
2. COMMUNICATE AND PROMOTE
3. MANAGE THE URBAN SERVICE CENTRE
- Ensure the general management
- Manage the human resources
- Manage the financial and material resources
4. PERFORM OTHER RELATED TASKS
Requirements & Skills
- 2-3 years relevant and meaningful experience in organizational management, staff management and
employment or training programs and services coordination;
- Relevant experience with Aboriginal and First Nations clients in the area of employment and training.
- University degree in administration, industrial relations or a related field; or
- College diploma in one of the above-mentioned fields, combined with management experience;
- Mastery of spoken and written French and English;
- Knowledge of an Aboriginal language is an asset.
- Knowledge of common software tools, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel,
Outlook), Internet and others;
- Thorough knowledge of the labour market, as well as, networks and institutions related and dedicated to
employment, education and training development;
- Excellent management skills and ability to respond to complex problem situations that arise and to resolve
- Ability to direct, plan and control the work of the employees in order to ensure that the Centre effectively
meets the needs of its clientele;
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to work with minimal supervision and to work under pressure;
- Ability to organize and/or participate in public relations activities on behalf of the FNHRDCQ and the AFNQL;
- A good understanding of the realities of the urban Aboriginal community.
Conditions of Employment
Remuneration: According to the FNHRDCQ salary scale in effect starting from $54 552
Work Location: Montreal Employment & Training Service Centre (ETSC)
1117 St-Catherine Street West, Suite 720, Montreal, Quebec, H3B 1H9
Hiring Priority: Internal posting for FNHRDCQ employees and external posting. Priority will be given to First Nations.
To Apply: Interested candidates may send their curriculum vitae, cover letter and copies of diplomas to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax (450) 638-4101
Posting date: August 9, 2019
Closing date: August 23, 2019 at midnight
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com