Listuguj Community Social Services
Title: Adult & Elderly Care Coordinator
Start Date: November 6, 2018
Accountable to: Listuguj Community Social Services Directorate
Summary of Function:
Under the direction and supervision of the Director of Community Social Services, the Adult and Elderly Care Coordinator will respond to the needs of adults, elderly, families, groups, and organizations in the community to carry out and coordinate activities of conception ensure the skills and resources they need to enhance social functioning and provide counselling and referral to other supportive social services. The Adult and Elderly Coordinator may also respond to other social needs such as unemployment, racism and poverty.
- Performs and co-ordinates activities of conception, actualization, analysis, and evaluation in the context of social programs provided to clients (adults, senior citizens, mental health, disability, alcoholism, and drug addiction).
- Assume responsibility for all activities related to the dispensation of services to clients (having social, familial, conjugal, or individual problems), whether or not they have received direct services.
- Evaluate the situation of clients in order to best adapt the services to their situation.
- Sets objectives in consultation with the clients and identify the means to attain these objectives and evaluate them periodically.
- Conceive and develop programs relating to mental health, the integration into society of the handicapped, persons having problems of alcoholism, drug addiction, or a loss of autonomy.
- Elaborate and undertake social and/or psychological interventions on an individual, couple, familial, group, or community as recommended by medical/professionals.
- Make use of community support services to enhance the intervention program, and, if necessary, create and support such services.
- Analyses the needs of the clientele, define and update the appropriate solutions in conjunction with medical/professionals.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams of professionals working with client groups.
- Upkeep intervention plans and/or individual service plans and keep accurate chronological notes and documentation of a client file.
- Assist clients in locating and utilizing community resources including legal, medical, financial assistance, housing, employment, transportation, day care and other referral services.
- Responsible for carrying out administrative duties; i.e. proposal writing
- In conjunction with the clientele/family evaluate the financial situation of those requesting services and authorizes requests for payment.
- Ability to work with flexible hours.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Registered Nurse Diploma or Licensed Practical Nurse will be considered.
- Experience working with older adults.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Thorough knowledge of principles and practices in providing services for adult care.
- General knowledge in understanding the health problems, communication barriers and disabilities of adults.
- First Aid and CPR certified.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
- Computer skills.
Submit Confidential Applications, Resumes and References to:
LMG Human Resources
17 Riverside West,
Listuguj (Quebec) G0C 2R0 LMGHR@listuguj.ca
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION IS CLOSE OF BUSINESS
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 23, 2018
To apply for this job email your details to LMGHR@listuguj.ca