We encourage self-sufficiency and independence by promoting individuals employability and training potential. We ensure last-resort benefit payments are available to Listuguj Mi’gmaq on reserve residents. We provide special benefits that are not covered under the basic needs.
Applications are taken as follows:
8:30am to 4:30pm
(applications are not taken Thursday & Friday)
Items needed before applying
- Proof of layoff or proof of last source of income
- Quebec Medical card (and of children where applicable)
- Birth Certificate
- Band card
- Social Insurance Card
- Rent receipt, hydro bill or band receipt
- Income tax return
- Band statement (3 months prior to date of application)
- To provide financial benefits in the form of last-resort assistance to on-reserve Listuguj community native members.
- Partner with other community resources (LMDC).
- To implement the Framework Policy (FN Income Security Regulation.)
- To provide counseling services and/or referrals to clients who may be experiencing financial difficulties.
- To encourage self-sufficiency through the promotion of education, skills and human personal development.
- To maintain efficient and quality operations including administrative accountability in an atmosphere of professionalism and confidentiality.
- To provide opportunities to enhance the skills, knowledge, and overall efficiency of the Social Assistance Counselors.
- To reduce overlap and duplication by simplifying and administration of benefits for children.