The Lands, Estates & Membership department provides quality and efficient services to the people of Listuguj, community organizations and the Listuguj Mi’gmaq Government.
We are a member of the First Nations Lands Managers Association for Quebec and Labrador. As well, we are the regional representative on the National Aboriginal Lands Managers Association. Land managers’ associations provide this Directorate with access to resources, training opportunities, and the chance to network with other First Nations land managers in the region and across Canada.
About Lands, we can provide assistance with:
- Land transfers, preliminary land surveys, maps, determining land boundaries, issuing Certificates of Possession (CP)
- Rights of way and legal matters related to land protection
- Simple Wills
- We can help you to understand your paperwork related to estates
- Update status cards, process membership transfers, maintain a Band List, supply voter lists
- Register births, deaths, and marriages
- Register name changes and adoptions
Click here for the IN-CANADA Secure Certificate of Indian Status (SCIS) Adult Application for Applicants sixteen (16) Years of Age or Older
Click here for the IN-CANADA Secure Certificate of Indian Status (SCIS) Parent or Legal Guardian Application For Applicants Fifteen (15) Years of Age or Younger or a Dependent Adult
Click here for the Secure Certificate of Indian Status (SCIS) – Guarantor Declaration