The Listuguj Community Health Service will be providing all households with a copy of the “Self-Care Guide – Everything You Need to Know About Covid-19” from Quebec Public Health. The document will be mailed to each household today. The Self-Care Guide can also be found on our website here: https://listuguj.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/19-210-30A_Guide-auto-soins_anglais.pdf
A new COVID-19 screening facility will be established today at the CLSC in Pointe-à-la-Croix. If you or a member of your family are showing two of the following symptoms, please contact Tele-Care 811, 1-877-644-4545 or your primary health-care provider for further direction:
- fever above 38°C or signs of fever (such as chills);
- a new cough or worsening chronic cough;
- sore throat;
- runny nose;
- a new onset of fatigue;
- a new onset of muscle pain;
- loss of sense of taste or loss of sense of smell; and
- in children, purple markings on the fingers or toes. In this instance, testing will be done even if none of the other symptoms are present.
The Unified Command is once again reminding residents of the importance of wearing a face mask where physical distancing (2m/6ft) is not possible, such as grocery stores, convenience stores, or when in public spaces.
- To ensure maximum protection of yourself and others, please take a moment to learn how to properly use a non-medical mask. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to put on a non-medical mask or face covering.
- Click here to learn how to make your own cloth face covering, which includes a few options.
Those who are infected with COVID-19 may have little to no symptoms. You may not know you have symptoms of COVID-19 because they are similar to a cold or flu.
Symptoms may take up to 14 days to appear after exposure to COVID-19.
Symptoms have included:
- Fever above 38 degrees Celsius
- A new cough, or worsening chronic cough
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
- A new onset of fatigue
- A new onset of muscle pain
- Loss of sense of taste
- Loss of sense of smell
- In children, purple markings on the fingers and toes
- Difficulty breathing
If you have symptoms of COVID-19:
- stay home to avoid spreading it to others
- call 1.877.644.4545 for instructions
- if you need immediate medical attention, call 911 and tell them your symptoms
The best way to prevent the spread of infections is to:
- wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth, especially with unwashed hands
- avoid close contact with people who are sick
- when coughing or sneezing
- cover your mouth and nose with your arm or tissues to reduce the spread of germs
- immediately dispose of any used tissues into the garbage as soon as possible and wash your hands afterwards.
- clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces, such as toys, electronic devices, and doorknobs.
- clean and disinfect items from outside the home, such as groceries.
- stay home if you are sick to avoid spreading illness to others
The Listuguj Community Kitchen will be open again today, May 28th, 2020, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. They have 100 bags of potatoes and 100 packages of meat to distribute.
Unfortunately, there is no delivery available at this time. Please make yourself visible at the food bank doors, and staff/volunteers will be happy to provide you with one of each item.
Open to all community members!
Gaspé, Tuesday May 26th, 2020 – In order to ensure safety and security within the facilities of the Centre intégré de santé et de services sociaux (CISSS) de la Gaspésie, the population is now asked to wear masks, or homemade masks, during their visits to the CLSCs, hospitals or clinics.
Masks are a measure to reduce the risk of transmission of the virus by people who do not have symptoms. It is therefore strongly recommended that the people wear them when presenting for care and services.
It is important to note some basic recommendations about homemade masks:
- Wash it daily;
- Remove it by the elastic bands;
- Put it in a closed bag when it is removed, before returning
Remember that hand washing is the first measure to protect against infections, therefore it is important to wash your hands regularly, in addition to respecting social distancing (2 metres), when possible.
If a person has symptoms (cough, fever, difficulty breathing, sore throat or loss of taste and smell), or is positive for COVID-19, or is awaiting screening results, they should not go to their medical appointment and must call 1 877 644-4545.
– 30 –
Adjointe par intérim à la présidente-directrice générale et aux relations avec les médias CISSS de la Gaspésie
Tél. : 581 994-0364
The Listuguj Community Kitchen will be open Wednesday, May 27th, 2020, from 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. They have 300 bags of potatoes and 300 packages of meats to distribute. Unfortunately, there is no delivery available at this time. Please make yourself visible at the food bank doors, and staff/volunteers will be happy to provide you with one of each item.
This is a notice to ALL community members. The community kitchen will have a distribution day today, May 5th, from 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
We would like to remind you that the community kitchen remains closed at this time. This distribution is for one day only and delivery is not available. There is approximately 75 bags to be distributed (same items as the last distribution day).
Please make yourself visible at the food bank doors and a staff member will come out and bring you a bag.
*** Each bag contains peanut butter, jam, apple sauce, a muffin, cereal, yogurt and bread.***
It is with great disappointment that we inform you that there has been a break-in at the food bank. Significant damage was done to the property and items were stolen. LPD are performing an investigation.
The Listuguj Community Kitchen will have one last distribution then will be closed until further notice. The last distribution is scheduled for today at 11:00 a.m. until all bags are distributed.
The Community Kitchen has set up a drive-in service. Tables will be set up outside the Listuguj Community Development Center. Simply drive up and our volunteers will hand you a bag of groceries. If you do not have access to a vehicle, please walk up to the tables, and we will give you a bag. Unfortunately, delivery will not be available at this time.
Please remember to practice social distancing and follow safety measures put in place.
We are please to announce that the Breakfast Club of Canada and LMG Education have contributed food for families of Listuguj students who may be struggling during this time (Nursery to grade 12).
The Community Kitchen and education staff will prepare grocery bags, and begin delivery at 1:30 p.m. today.
We believe all Canadian children deserve an equal chance at success.
We believe a child can not learn on an empty stomach.
We believe a healthy breakfast can change a life, a journey, a society.
The Community Kitchen has received a donation of 60 bags of fresh PEI potatoes, 100 boxes of cereal, and 100 cartons of milk and chocolate milk. These items are available to ALL community members.
The Community Kitchen will be open today, Monday, April 20, 2020 until 4:00 p.m. Please stop by to pick up some goods.
Please present yourself at the side entrance and make yourself visible to staff and volunteers. Someone will come out to greet you.
Safety measures have been put in place and must be followed by all staff, volunteers and community members.