As the warmer weather approaches, we realize a number of homeowners will begin making general repairs to their homes. To minimize the potential spread of COVID-19, contractors from outside of Listuguj will not be permitted entry into the community. However, this does not apply, if you are unable to find a contractor to suit your needs in the event of an emergency.
All community members are encouraged to find contract workers within Listuguj, to minimize the potential spread of COVID-19. If you require immediate repairs (i.e. emergency amenities like plumbing or electrical) and are unable to find a contractor within our own community hire as needed subcontractors from low risk areas within Quebec or New Brunswick.
When arranging for repair work on your own home, here are the steps we ask that you take:
- Hire a local contractor.
- If you have to hire an outside contractor, the following guidelines must be followed:
- Choose a contractor from a low risk area;
- Only (1) contractor is allowed to work at a time;
- Minimise your contact with the contractor, and try to avoid the contractor going into your house unless the work requires it;
- The contractor crew should be no more than (4) workers for the whole project and they must comply with LMG safety regulations, in addition to, federal or provincial regulations;
- Contact Ali Barnaby at the Executive Office by calling 418-788-2136 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to provide the name of your contractor and the dates they will require access to the community.